Pages

Friday 12 January 2018

SLJ - Week 4 day 3 Activty (1,2 and bonus activity)

Activity 1: Moana
moana.jpg
In late 2016, the movie Moana was released by Disney. It’s a beautiful
story about a young Polynesian girl from the fictional island of Motunui
, who goes on a big adventure.

Watch the trailer for Moana and then write a summary of the movie on
your blog. If you’ve seen the movie, you can include your favourite part!
Tell us as much as you can about the movie. What is it about? Who are the
main characters in the movie? What do they do in the movie? Where do they
go?

Once upon a time a girl named moana had to restore the heart of tefiti But
she didn’t go alone she sailed across to the bottom of maui's fish hook and
he will help moana restore the heart of tefiti So they sailed across the great
ocean to restore the heart.When they got there moana noticed that teka was
te fiti so moana told the ocean to let tititi go to moana and so the restored the
hart and lived happily ever after.




farmer.jpg
Activity 2: Country Calendar
Did you know that the longest running television show in New Zealand
history is a programme called ‘Country Calendar’? It started on 6 March
1966 and has been running ever since. The programme includes stories of
everyday New Zealanders, many of whom are farmers.

Watch this short clip from Country Calendar. What do you think would be
the most interesting and/or challenging things about being a farmer? Would
you would like to be a farmer when you are older. Why/why not? Give us, at
least, two reasons to support your answer.

Interesting thing was how they keep there promise from a
long time ago saying that they will plant tomatoes, peas and
more. After a decade or two there were all these plants and
vegetables planted. Also it is amazing that the show has been
going on for 52 yrs now. That really is a very long time.

Challenging thing is shaving the sheep's wool, planting
plants and vegetable and also waking up early in the
morning just to do all these stuff. Also waking up early
to work at the animals




Bonus Activity: Singing a Different Tune
A number of New Zealand (NZ) singers and songwriters have
recently burst onto the music scene, becoming popular both in
NZ and overseas. One of these artists, Lorde, is gaining a lot of
recognition for her unique style and songwriting ability. People
all over the world seem to really like the lyrics (words) that
she writes in her songs.

Think of your favourite song. Share the name of the song,
the name of the person who wrote the song and the lyrics
from the song on your blog. You must type the lyrics not
cut and paste them in order to earn full points for the activity.

Today i don’t what to do anything
Made by: Bruno mars
Today I don't feel like doing anything
I just wanna lay in my bed
Don't feel like picking up my phone
So leave a message at the tone
'Cause today I swear I'm not doing anything
Uh I'm gonna kick my feet up and stare at the fan
Turn the t.v. on
Throw my hand in my pants
Nobody's gon' tell me I cant, no
I'll be loungin' on the couch just chillin' in my snuggie
Flip to MTV so they can teach me how to Dougie
'Cause in my castle I'm the freakin' man
Oh
Yes I said it
I said it
I said it 'cause I can




4 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Mason,!

    Wow! I really enjoyed your song choice.I thought the lyrics were pretty silly and funny.

    Your paragraph about Moana was really impressive.You gave such a clear image of what Moana is about,but maybe you could try to change the font because quarter of your paragraph is the same color as your highlight making it hard for us to read.Well,Once again good job!
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHN-YOUNG-HA-SE-YO Mason,

    You've gone very far in the SLJ this week ! And as Anita said, Your paragraph about Moana was really impressive. Keep up the hard work !

    -Anastaciaa😝

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Orana Mason,

    Well done on completing another 3 activities!

    I personally love the song you have chosen. It is very catchy and I love the lyrics. 'Today I don't feel like doing anything' I suggest you watch the lyric video for it is very hilarious!

    Your brief and short summary on Moana is, just like Anita has said very impressive. It gives us a lot of information and sums the whole movie up in one paragraph. Great job.

    I hope you are having an amazing holiday and Keep up the amazing work!

    Telesia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia ora Mason,

    My name is Emiely (pronounced “Emily”) and I work alongside Nicky at the Summer Learning Journey!

    Activity one: You have done an awesome job summarising the plot of the movie! I went to watch Moana in the cinemas and I remember laughing a lot when Heihei (the chicken) realised he was on Moana's boat, sailing across the open ocean. He screamed every time he saw the water so Moana made him quite by putting a coconut over his head. Haha! Have you watched Moana and if so, what was your favourite part in the movie?

    Activity 2: Being a farmer certainly would be hard work. Waking up early in the morning would be difficult for me, but I think it would be awesome being able to work with farm animals like sheep and calves. I think they are so cute!! Would you want to become a farmer one day?

    Activity 3: Thanks for sharing the lyrics to Bruno Mars' song! He is one of my favourite singers and I'm going to watch him perform for the second time later this year. He is an awesome artist and I think he is such a great performer! Do you have a favourite singer?

    It's awesome to see how actively you have been blogging this summer. I know the Summer Learning Journey team have enjoyed reading and commenting on your blog. Just a reminder that you can earn bonus points by commenting on other children's Summer Learning Journey blog posts. I'm sure they would appreciate your thoughtful and helpful comments.

    Noho ora mai,

    Emiely :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.