Pages

Friday 12 January 2018

SLJ - Week 4 day 3 Activty (1,2 and bonus activity)

Activity 1: Mixed-Member Proportional (MMP)
In 1996, New Zealand adopted the MMP voting system. In September
of 2017 we had a national election. Everyone in New Zealand, over the
age of 18, was invited to vote for who they wanted to form the next
government in New Zealand. The race was really close and in the end,
three different political parties (Labour, New Zealand First and the
Green Party), came together to form the new government. It is called a
‘coalition government’ because it includes different people from different
political parties.

Imagine that you had to form a coalition government with two other people
.  Who would you choose to partner with?

I would form a coalition with my son, Aronui, and with my friend, Amber.
Aronui would be a great addition to the coalition because he is funny and
kind. He would make us laugh and take care of us. Amber would be great
because she is really smart and thoughtful. She is also good at making
decisions. I think that we would form a great team. What about you? Who
would you choose? Why?

I will choose my brother Loto because he cares about me and my brothers
and also i will choose my friend Mena because he is a good friend he’s not
bad and he’s great at sport.


Activity 2: Migration
Over the past few decades, there has been a huge rise in the number
of people coming to New Zealand to live and/or travel. I was one of
those people! In fact, I moved with my family to New Zealand in
2010 and I am so glad that I did. It’s a pretty amazing place to call
home! At the moment I live about 10 minutes from three stunning
beaches and a beautiful national park.

Speaking of home, where do you live? On your blog, please post a
picture of your hometown and provide a list of three things that tourists,
like us, could do if we came to visit. What do you like most about your
hometown? (Remember the guidelines for being Cybersmart, and never
post your address online).

My hometown of Almonte, Ontario
Hometown  - GI (Glen Innes) / Auckland

  • The Library:to read books
  • The Museum:To see old things
  • And The Shops:If he needs food

Bonus Activity: Modern Learning Environments
Over the past few years, a number of schools have changed
the way that they teach. Instead of one teacher working in
one classroom with one group of students, some schools have
built huge classrooms where many teachers work together to
teach a big group of students. This is called a ‘Modern
Learning Environment’ (MLE).
IMG_0725.JPG

Some people prefer Modern Learning Environments
while others aren’t so sure. Take a look at the pictures
above. The one on the left is a photograph of a traditional
classroom, and the picture on the right is of a Modern
Learning Environment.



Imagine that you are a teacher, and design your own classroom.
What would it look like? What furniture would you have? I
would love to have some beanbags for reading on.

Draw a floorplan of your classroom (either in Google Draw
or on paper) and upload it to your blog. Describe what is special
about your classroom and why you designed it this way.

I’ve drawn a classroom with pink carpet and bright coloured tables.
I also included a kitchen so that we can do cooking every day and a
HUGE bookshelf because I love to read! What would you like to see
in your classroom?

4 comments:

  1. Hey Mason,!

    Well done on completing another one of the Summer Learning Journey Activities!

    I really enjoyed your classroom,especially the colors you have added to make it bright and colorful.

    Your coalition team sounds very impressive.Loto and Meta would be a great addition to your team! Well,Keep it up Mason.Your nearly there!
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonjour Mason,

    Well done on completing another activity this week, and as Anita said, Your coalition team sounds very impressive.

    You've gone so far, good job on your hard work !

    -Anastaciaa😇

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mason,

    I am so happy that you have completed another 3 activities! Well done!

    I think your coalition team would be perfect and I couldn't agree more. Have an amazing holiday and Keep up the work!

    Telesia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Talofa Mason,
    my name is Cia. I am a Ako Hiko Summer Learning Journey commentator who will be working with various bloggers over the summer break.

    Activity 1:
    I like that you’ve shared some great personal qualities your coalition partners have. Perhaps next time you could add a few more detailed skills they have that would help you run a successful government. What could you offer your group as a coalition partner?

    I would pick my Mum as a coalition partner because she is kindhearted, empathetic and strong. My second coalition partner would be my brother because he’s very time efficient and works hard to get things done as soon as possible. I have the ability to make quick decisions that benefit most people, by weighing the pros and cons in a situation. I also have a great attention to detail that’ll help get work done properly.

    Activity 2:
    Thanks for sharing your hometown and providing a list of things to do in Auckland. Perhaps next time you could be a bit more specific about the places you’ve listed. Are there any particularly interesting shops you’d recommend? I’d recommend ‘The Candyman’ in Mt Eden, they have all sorts of candy from around the world there!

    Remember that the task asks you to include a picture of your hometown in your post. Please edit your work to include your chosen picture so I can reward you with full points for this activity.

    Bonus Activity:
    Woah that’s a very bright carpet you have there! Very creative and spunky indeed. I like that you’ve given adequate space to the working areas in your plan, perhaps next time you could add a few windows for fresh air (classrooms get awfully hot sometimes!). Looking back at your plan, would you change anything in your classroom?

    Feel free to share your thoughts in the comment section
    below!

    Toe feiloa’i fo’i ('See you again' in Samoan),

    Cia.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.