Pages

Tuesday 25 December 2018

SLJ-Week 1 day 5 activity 2

Activity 2: Living on the Edge [4 points] While it can get quite cold in New Zealand, it rarely drops below freezing (00C). Most of the time the temperature in New Zealand is pretty mild. This is not the case in the tundra. The tundra is an area of land (biome) that is cold, dry and completely treeless. Did you know that the average temperature in the tundra is -280C? Over the past few years, however, the temperature in the tundra has been rising and the weather has been changing. Let’s imagine that your teacher decides to take you on a class trip to the tundra before the weather changes too much and you aren’t able to go. On your blog, write a letter to your best friend or a family member telling them about your trip to the tundra. To earn full points your letter must have a greeting (eg. Dear…) followed by 5 – 6 sentences of information about what your experience. 

Dear mum I am really sad that you missed the trip to tundra.It was the best experience their the food was delicious there was nice people and can’t forget the nice places there are. I hope to go to tundra you soon so you can witness everything I witness. The last and the thing i didn’t enjoy about the trip is you mum i really missed you when i was on the trip because every time I think of you i cry myself to sleep. but either from that every thing was awesome.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Mason,

    It is so cool to see that you have re-joined us on the Summer Learning Journey programme this year. This is my fourth year doing the programme and I just love it! I love it because I have the chance to read student's work and provide comments. Today I have the chance to read the posts from Glenbrae and I am really impressed!

    I particularly like this letter that you have written to your mom about your time in the tundra. It would be really hard to be away from family, wouldn't it? I can completely understand as I currently live in New Zealand and my family live in Canada. I miss them every day and hope that they are able to come and visit me soon.

    Interestingly, my dad has actually been to the tundra and spent time there. He said that it was very beautiful and very quiet. He also said that the weather was very cold and that there were very few trees to be seen. It was a wet, windy and wild place to go. I'm not sure that I will ever make the trip to the tundra but it is a possibility. If you and your mom were given the chance to go to the tundra, all expenses paid, would you go? I'd love to know what you think.

    If you have time, please write back and let me know. I'll check back soon to see if you have had time to write back and/or complete more SLJ activities.

    Bye for now!

    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.