Pages

Wednesday 19 December 2018

SLJ-Week 1 day 2 activity 1

DAY 2: Forest Life

Activity 1: Giants Among Us [4 points]

 

New Zealand has a really special environment. Many of the plants and trees found in New Zealand are not found anywhere else in the world. These plants and trees are endemic to our country.  In New Zealand, one of the largest and longest living endemic trees is the NZ Kauri tree. Kauri are mainly found in three regions of New Zealand: the Coromandel, Auckland and Northland. The largest Kauri tree in the country is in the Waipoua Forest in Northland. It is called Tāne Mahuta. Some people refer to it as the ‘Lord of the Forest.’

Thousands of people go to visit Tāne Mahuta every year. Would you like to be one of those people who got to see Tāne Mahuta in real life? Why or why not?

On your blog, tell us whether you would like to go and visit Tāne Mahuta one day. Be sure to tell us why you do (or do not) want to visit this endemic tree.

 

I would love to visit the Tāne Mahuta so I can try musure the sise and lenth of the tree and I would love to go there because its the biggest tree in New Zealand. Also so I can be with nature and breath the freesh air and lastly I want to go there because thats were my cousins live. So thats why I want to go to Tāne Mahuta.


1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Mason,
    I liked how you have very specific goals to explain why you would like to visit Tane Mahuta such as measure the size and length of the tree, this is quite an ambitious project but why not?!! Make sure you are prepared for the task! :0)
    I have been there couple times and I can tell you that it's a truly magnificent site! When you look up at the tree branches there is a sense of power and peace hard to describe. I hope you can go there with your cousins so you guys can go around and explore the forest around there.
    You did a very good job in here!
    Keep up the good work!
    Kia kaha,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.