Pages

Friday 29 December 2017

SLJ - Week 2 day 2 Activity 1

Day 2: The Roaring 20’s (The 1920s)


Activity 1: Popular Culture – The Silent Movie
The 1920s saw a massive surge in the number of people going to
the movies. Huge new cinemas were built in both Auckland
(The Civic Theatre) and Dunedin (Empire De Luxe).  The most
popular type of movies showing at local NZ cinemas were ‘silent’
films. Gold Rush and The Lion's Cage are examples of iconic silent
films. They feature a famous actor named Charlie Chaplin.

Watch the trailer for Gold Rush or The Lion's Cage. On your
blog, tell us what you think the movie is about. There are no
words spoken movie so you will need to pay careful attention
to what the actors are doing! Do you think you would enjoy
watching a silent film? Why/Why not?

For me I would not enjoy watching a silent film  because I won't

Understand what's happening also because I cannot hear
anything and I don't understand what the movie is all about.
It just because when people don’t talk in a movie it will just
be boring and also it won’t  interesting so it a no for me sorry.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mason,

    Ruby here from the Summer Learning Journey team!

    Fair enough! Watching a silent movie would take a lot of concentration and you still might get confused every now and again. There is always music in the background though. Do you think that the music might help keep you engaged in the film?

    I wouldn't like to watch a silent movie because I like to do other things while I watch movies so end up only listening to half of the movie! That wouldn't really work with a silent movie.

    I look forward to reading more of your blog.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.