Pages

Thursday 21 December 2017

Hitting a High Note SLJ - Week 1 day 3 Activity 1

Activity 1: The Waiata - A Song in Your Heart
In the past, Māori would often use song
as a way of sharing information or
communicating emotions.  A waiata is
the name given to a traditional Māori song.
One of my all-time favourite waiata is
Kia Paimarie. What about you?

Use Google to research traditional
Māori Waiata. Listen to a number of
Waiata and read the lyrics. On your
blog tell us which one of the waiata you
found you like the most. Why do you like it?

My Favorite Waiata is called Hareruia. Hareruia
In english is hallelujah. I like it because you can  
let out your voice and also you can play hallelujah
on piano keyboard. Click here to Listen to it. Goodbye .

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mason,

    Ruby here from the Summer Learning Journey!

    Great work! I would like to hear some more of your own thoughts about the song though. What do you like about the tune, I wonder?

    Do you know what the rest of the words mean? It's great that you have told us the meaning of Hareruia but it would also be great if we could know some more of what the song is about. I think it's important to like the meaning of the song as well as the tune!

    I look forward to reading more of your blog over the summer.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.