Pages

Wednesday 9 January 2019

SLJ-Week 2 day 4 activity 1

DAY 4: Spectacular, Spectacular

Activity 1: Planes, Trains and Automobiles [4 points]
Arguably, one of the most dramatic and spectacular (beautiful) places to visit in New Zealand is Milford Sound. It has been referred to as the ‘eighth wonder of the world.’ It is a beautiful fiord (steep valley) that was formed when big pieces of ice (glaciers) melted. The melted glaciers created a beautiful river that is surrounded by dramatic cliffs and snow-capped mountains. People who visit Milford Sound are able to take a boat cruise through the middle of the fiord, walk around the area on the Milford Track or fly above the fiord as part of a private helicopter tour.

Let’s imagine that you had the chance to visit Milford Sound by boat, foot (walking) or air (helicopter). Which option would you prefer?

On your blog tell us which of the three options you would take to explore Milford Sound. Be sure to tell us why you have chosen this option.
 
I would chose the helicopter because I have not been in one and the view will be beautiful also because so I can face my fear because I am scared of heights. Also because it will be a dream come true being in that helicopter.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mason,

    My name is Georgia and I am the Kaikohekohe (Northland) Cluster Manager so work mainly with the tamariki in my area. Today, however, I am helping out Sophie and her commenting team as Manaiakalani has been so busy!

    Well done on choosing between the different modes of transport to view the Milford Sounds! I too would love the helicopter ride. That is wonderful that you are willing to face your fear of heights, you are very brave. I think a helicopter would be a great place to try and rid your fear of heights because you will be so focused on the beautiful views and you are all safely strapped into the helicopter that you will forget about your fear, hopefully!

    I hope you've had a wonderful holiday Mason and are looking forward to returning to school soon.

    Nga mihi,
    Georgia.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.