Pages

Tuesday 8 January 2019

SLJ-Week 2 day 3 activity 1


DAY 3: First You ‘Sea’ Me, Now You Don’t…













Activity 1: Night Owls [4 points]
Here in New Zealand we have many amazing and unique sea creatures, including penguins. The blue penguin, or kororā, is particularly special because it is the smallest penguin in the entire world! Blue penguins are typically found on the east coast of the South Island in places like Oamaru but they can be hard to spot as they rarely leave the water. If they do come onto land it is usually at night, when most of us are sound asleep! That’s because they are nocturnal. Not all of us, however, sleep all night. In fact, some people love to stay awake late into the evening. People who like to stay up late are called ‘night owls.’ Are you a night owl or are you an early riser, like me? I typically wake up every day around 6:00 a.m. and jump out of bed, ready to start the day!
On your blog, tell us whether you are a night owl or an early riser. Then, tell us about the rest of your family. Are they the same as you?

I think I am none of those options because I normally go to sleep around 12:52 am and wake up around 9 or 10:25 am. My brothers are night owls because they stay up until my mum comes from work and they wake up at 10:43.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mason

    You definitely sound like a night owl. How do you make sure you get up in time for school?

    If I had to pick, I would say that I'm a early riser, thought I think that 2pm is my best time of day. That's when I feel the best!

    Blog you later,
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.