Pages

Wednesday 22 April 2020

Anzac Day

Yesterday after dinner time I told my mum all about the tunnels and how the miners found a tunnel that led 30 meters under ground into large caverns there were names,signs and  graffiti on a bare rock one message said  Kia ora NZ and it had a big fern leaf drawn on each side of the walls. It was a huge secret hideout used by the soldiers in WW1. also they could to spy on the Germans by using the Geophone. The NZ soldiers placed the Geophone on the ground and they listened to the faintest sounds to hear what the Germans were doing and what they were planning.
After telling all that to my mum my mum said wow I didn't know that Geophones were a thing.Then my mum told me every thing she knows about the war.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mason, this is a lovely post. It is nice when we share what we know about history with our parents because they too know a lot about history.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.