Pages

Monday 6 January 2020

Activity 1: National Treasure [4 points]
Sophie Pascoe is a New Zealand para-swimmer. This means she is a competitive swimmer with a physical disability. Very sadly, Sophie was run over by a lawn mower when she was only 2 years old. She had to have the bottom of her left leg amputated. However, despite this terrible accident, she was determined to become a competitive swimmer.
Sophie has won numerous New Zealand and world para-swimming titles, including nine Olympic gold medals. She has also won the Halberg Award for Disabled Sportsperson of the Year three times. Sophie is a great example of a New Zealander who did not let her disability stop her from achieving her dreams. She is truly a National Treasure’. A national treasure is someone or something that is very important to a country.

For this activity, we would like to learn more about the things that are important to you.
On your blog, please share three things that you treasure and say why they are treasures to you.
Personally, I treasure an old piano because it has family history for me. My dad bought the piano when he was a teenager and played it a lot as a young man. When I was little I learnt to play on the same piano and now my daughter Laila loves to play it too! It has brought a lot of joy and music to our family.
These are the three things that are important to me are...

1.My Chrome book, my Chrome book has all of my work and it helps me learn, also I have named my Chrome book ChromeBook19204668 
2.My Bed, My bed is where I sleep if I didn't have a bed I will either sleep on the floor or on the living room couch.
3.My Phone, My phone isn ́t the best of phones its a samsung s4 mini so it's a little smaller than a normal samsung s4 but. On my phone play games sign my account into my phone so I can keep working when my chrome book is flat/run out of batteries/Dead

3 comments:

  1. Well done for sharing your treasures Mason - which is you most treasured treasure? Keep blogging, and commenting on others, to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes and to keep up your learning over the school break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mason, Grate work on completing another summer learning journey. Hope that you and your family are having a wonderful holiday. I really like the detail you have put into your work keep it up.

    Richie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mason. Aj here great work on completing another summer learning journey activity.

    Great blog post keep up the good work Mason.

    AJ

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.